AFA PRESS INFORMATION BUREAU [16/01/2019-23/01/2019]
MoU between India-Australia:
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India and Department of Natural Resource Mines and Energy, Queensland Government, Australia through the Safety in Mines, Testing and Research Station (SIMTARS).
Impact: The MoU will help in establishing a partnership between DGMS and SIMTARS for:
- implementation of risk based safety management system, providing training,
- organising, conference, seminar and other technical meetings, setting up occupations safety and health academy and national mine disaster centre, and
- modernising R&D laboratory of DGMS.
Background: Mining accident rates in Australia is the lowest in the world. Australia has pioneered in conceptualising and implementing risk based Safety Management Plans for the mining sector using the technique of hazard identification and risk assessment.SIMTARS is known to have exclusive expertise in Mines Safety Management Systems.
MoC between India and Japan:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan in the field of food processing sector.
- Bilateral cooperation in the field of food processing between India and Japan will be mutually beneficial to the food processing sector in both countries.
- It will promote understanding of best practices in food processing in the two countries and will help in improving the food processing sector as well as improved market access, leading to equity and inclusiveness.
- The MoC will lead to betterment of the food processing sector in the country by introducing innovative techniques and processes.
- It will help in increasing food processing in the country by getting access to best practices and better markets.
MoU between India & Kuwait:
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing Memorandum of Understanding between India and Kuwait for cooperation on the Recruitment of Domestic Workers.
- The MOU provides a structured framework for cooperation on domestic workers related matters and provides strengthened safeguards for Indian domestic workers including female workers deployed in Kuwait.
- Under this MOU, a Joint Committee will be set up to follow up the implementation of this MOU.
- The MOU will promote bilateral cooperation in domestic workers related matters between the two countries.
- Around 3,00,000 Indian domestic workers deployed in Kuwait. This includes around 90,000 female domestic workers.
Will your preparation be effective without Daily Current Affairs and Readings? Subscribe below for AFA UPSC WEB to receive daily updates to mail…