AFA CURRENT AFFAIRS ANALYSIS- 25/02/2019
UN ban on JeM Chief:
- With the UN Security Council and the Paris-based Financial Action Task Force both issuing strong press statements on the Pulwama attacks and calling on Pakistan to act against the Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), diplomats in Delhi and New York say they have begun negotiations on a new proposal to place JeM chief Masood Azhar on the ban list operated by the UNSC’s 1267 committee, the fourth such request in four consecutive years.
Karimnagar Looks to the SUN:
Telangana’s fastest growing urban centre, Karimnagar, is looking to the sun to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Municipal Corporation of Karimnagar (MCK) signed an MoU with the Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation (TSREDCO) for the generation of 1.45 MW of power through solar rooftop panels.
- Telangana is ranked second nationally in solar power, generating more than 3,000 MW.
- Karimnagar district has an installed capacity of 1.5 MW and Karimnagar town alone accounts for 1,300 kilowatts of solar power.
- The MCK is now claiming the mantle of becoming the first corporation to make it mandatory for all new houses to install solar panels.
- The civic body would provide a 30% subsidy for the installation through TSREDCO. Integrating solar power is mandatory as part of the Karimnagar Smart City project, and the civic body is making it easier by providing net-metering facility with the Northern Power Distribution Company Limited (NPDCL).
- The MCK will install rooftop solar panels in 77 buildings across the town, including government offices, school buildings and other government proper-ties to cut electricity bills. The panels are expected to generate around 1.45 MW .
The Source: THE HINDU
Will your preparation be effective without Daily Current Affairs and Readings? Subscribe below for AFA UPSC WEB to receive daily updates to mail…